HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Manfesto
TG Founder
TG Founder

PostSubject: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:28 pm

Hello people!

While playing Team Fortress 2 I thought of an awesome idea for a TF2 film. It would start with me playing a match. Than, obviously, I get killed and the movie continues to follow my killer. Than the killer of the killer gets followed. When the killer of the killer gets killed we'll follow his killer and so on.
But the problem is: I need like 12 people to help me. And I was wondering if the boys at TG would like to help me. Of course every single player get's credit and we'll have a fun TF2 match with all the member of The Goatriders. If you want to join just post in here and if we got enough people I'll try to pick a date.

I thank thee in anticipation and advance,
Manfesto

EDIT:

I still need to find a server. Will keep you posted on this one.

Ya'll have to record using the console and send me the file afterwards.

Current status: 3 versus 3 Control Point match

Last edited by Manfesto on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:46 pm

Manfesto wrote:
Hello people!

While playing Team Fortress 2 I thought of an awesome idea for a TF2 film. It would start with me playing a match. Than, obviously, I get killed and the movie continues to follow my killer. Than the killer of the killer gets followed. When the killer of the killer gets killed we'll follow his killer and so on.
But the problem is: I need like 12 people to help me. And I was wondering if the boys at TG would like to help me. Of course every single player get's credit and we'll have a fun TF2 match with all the member of The Goatriders. If you want to join just post in here and if we got enough people I'll try to pick a date.

Manfesto

Sure... I'll do it. However I'll ask you:

Why 12 when it can be fixed with seemless editing or a guy just running back behind after spawning?
And when? GMT, PDT? AM, PM? Date?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cdn.dipity.com/uploads/events/d219f59aaf68268b76b8b489c11
[TG] Chief (alex) -Admin-
TG Leader
TG Leader

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:48 pm

Zemog wrote:
Manfesto wrote:
Hello people!

Manfesto

Sure... I'll do it. However I'll ask you:

Why 12 when it can be fixed with seemless editing or a guy just running back behind after spawning?

And the food? WHAT ABOUT THE FOOD?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thegoatriders.com
HolyCrapDudeXD
TG Colonel
TG Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:48 pm

C- c- ca- cant- resis- PANDA!

Im in, but only if we get a server online and not a lan one over Garena or Hatachi... But yeah sure Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.smouch.net/lol
snakefist

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:53 pm

Sure, i'm in but what about the drinks? huh... I can't be an actor without drinks! Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manfesto
TG Founder
TG Founder

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:53 pm

Zemog wrote:

I'm not sure if I understand the question but I want it to be real. It's like a fun experiment to see how TF2 would look if you could monitor everyone playing. Or something like that. And as I said in the post I have yet to determine a date so I'll keep you posted.

[TG] Chief (alex) -Admin- wrote:

And the food? WHAT ABOUT THE FOOD?!

WE WILL HAND OUT THE REFRESHMENTS(Sandvich of course) AT THE END OF THE MATCH!

HolyCrapDudeXD wrote:
C- c- ca- cant- resis- PANDA!

Im in, but only if we get a server online and not a lan one over Garena or Hatachi... But yeah sure :P

Ye I forgot to mention that I need to find a server. But first things first. I need to get a many people as posible.

Last edited by Manfesto on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:58 pm

Original statement: When are we supposed to do this?
Also; where's the gin and whiskey? We won't get a black Scottish cyclops to show up without whiskey and gin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cdn.dipity.com/uploads/events/d219f59aaf68268b76b8b489c11
Manfesto
TG Founder
TG Founder

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:07 pm

Zemog wrote:
Original statement: When are we supposed to do this?
Also; where's the gin and whiskey? We won't get a black Scottish cyclops to show up without whiskey and gin.

Here is your babygin.

And as for the date, I will not determine one yet due to various reasons. These range from me going on vacation in about one week to not having enough people yet to see who can and who can't make it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:13 pm

I have no idea why I felt like photoshopping Pikachu...

Back to top Go down
HolyCrapDudeXD
TG Colonel
TG Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Zemog wrote:
I have no idea why I felt like photoshopping Pikachu...

Zeeemog! You know you shouldnt post pictures of your mother on the internet! YOU NAUGHTY BOY!

Lol JK
Back to top Go down
braincabinet
TG Captain
TG Captain

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:31 am

if i were to participate i would preferr that we used an arena game like nucleus since its small and fast paced instead of Cp_feckenhugegoodlookingmapwhichtakesforevertorunthrough

cause i dont wanna watch mr uberface the guy with cam view run as a sniper back into his base where he cant be killed so that he can regain ammo and hp

in arena that is not a option the fight will be clashing all over the place and cam view will hop continuously

prove me wrong ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.braindawgs.com
Manfesto
TG Founder
TG Founder

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:55 am

braincabinet wrote:
if i were to participate i would preferr that we used an arena game like nucleus since its small and fast paced instead of Cp_feckenhugegoodlookingmapwhichtakesforevertorunthrough

cause i dont wanna watch mr uberface the guy with cam view run as a sniper back into his base where he cant be killed so that he can regain ammo and hp

in arena that is not a option the fight will be clashing all over the place and cam view will hop continuously

prove me wrong ? :D
And I'm the on being a dick?

As I said before and will again:
In Arena the teams will leave at the same time. Due to this fact every new match will begin with walking. Every single time. In cp however people get killed all the time and, contrariwise, spawn all the time. This will cause a continuous stream of players and, hopefully, not a lot of walking. Of course people could hide all the time and only pop out every two minutes to kill someone. But do keep in mind everyone will see how much of a cowered they are. Besides this could also be done in Arena. Another point I tried to prove to Brain earlier is that I want the characteristic points of Team Fortress 2(continuity, maps, CP,tactics) to come to their full grace.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
braincabinet
TG Captain
TG Captain

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:01 am

Manfesto wrote:
braincabinet wrote:

prove me wrong ? Very Happy
And I'm the on being a dick?

As I said before and will again:
In Arena the teams will leave at the same time. Due to this fact every new match will begin with walking. Every single time. In cp however people get killed all the time and, contrariwise, spawn all the time. This will cause a continuous stream of players and, hopefully, not a lot of walking. Of course people could hide all the time and only pop out every two minutes to kill someone. But do keep in mind everyone will see how much of a cowered they are. Another point I tried to prove to Brain earlier is that I want the characteristic points of Team Fortress 2(continuity, maps, CP,tactics) to come to their full grace.

that would be 2 seconds of walking in nucleus since both sides can practically smell each other when they spawn
either way besides arena is about killing each other unlike Cp which is to capture 3 to 5 control points which one could win without ever confronting an enemy
and then when you do confront the enemies 2 controll point you with view get molested by a sentry and view goes to mr engineer who stands with his nose buried in his turret whacking away as thoug all of hells minions were sent to anally rape him -.-
Back to top Go down
Manfesto
TG Founder
TG Founder

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:25 am

braincabinet wrote:

that would be 2 seconds of walking in nucleus since both sides can practically smell each other when they spawn
either way besides arena is about killing each other unlike Cp which is to capture 3 to 5 control points which one could win without ever confronting an enemy
and then when you do confront the enemies 2 controll point you with view get molested by a sentry and view goes to mr engineer who stands with his nose buried in his turret whacking away as thoug all of hells minions were sent to anally rape him -.-

I just played nucleus for 'bout half an hour and I found myself walking more than shooting. In cp you know were the fight is. In this map I had to keep looking for opponents. Also, the only classes I saw were Scout, Medic, Sniper,Pyro and Heavy. I'm missing four. Why should it matter if the cam gets stuck on a Engineer? It's part of the game. I want to capture a classic cp math in this video. 'Hope to film these characteristic, funny, recurrent encounters that you'll have every time to play TF2.
I believe when you say this map is good and all and that you think doing this event in the map is a good idea, I really do. But it's not what I'm looking for. Perhaps I'll change my mind or try this later but for now I'm won't.

Last edited by Manfesto on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
braincabinet
TG Captain
TG Captain

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:10 am

Manfesto wrote:
braincabinet wrote:

I just played nucleus for 'bout half an hour and I found myself walking more than shooting. In cp you know were the fight is. In this map I had to keep looking for opponents. Also, the only classes I saw were Scout, Medic, Sniper,Pyro and Heavy. I'm missing four. Why should it matter if the cam gets stuck on a Engineer? It's part of the game. I want to capture a classic cp math in this video. 'Hope to film these characteristic, funny, recurrent encounters that you'll have every time to play TF2.
I believe when you say this map is good and all and that you think doing this event in the map is a good idea, I really do. But it's not what I'm looking for. Perhaps I'll change my mind or try this later but for now I'm won't.

the fact that you were missing 4 classes were less the map and game type than the time of day you were playing in a good game with 12 to 18 players there is bound to be one of each class.

allthough what will happen if a pyro has the cam and ignites a scout per say and then the pyro is killed and then the scout dies from the fire ? :p
Back to top Go down
Manfesto
TG Founder
TG Founder

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:07 am

braincabinet wrote:

the fact that you were missing 4 classes were less the map and game type than the time of day you were playing in a good game with 12 to 18 players there is bound to be one of each class.

allthough what will happen if a pyro has the cam and ignites a scout per say and then the pyro is killed and then the scout dies from the fire ? :p

You're right about the classes, I continued playing and found out that the 8vs8 matches offer a wider variety of classes.

About the Pyro thing, we'll see. I could jump to a random player or skip from Pyro to Scout becouse he made the kill and than back to the Pyro in hope that he already respawned. But I think I could judge this better if I actually have footage.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
braincabinet
TG Captain
TG Captain

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:54 pm

Manfesto wrote:
braincabinet wrote:

You're right about the classes, I continued playing and found out that the 8vs8 matches offer a wider variety of classes.

About the Pyro thing, we'll see. I could jump to a random player or skip from Pyro to Scout becouse he made the kill and than back to the Pyro in hope that he already respawned. But I think I could judge this better if I actually have footage.

i know im right ... im always right exept for those Rare occations where im wrong
Back to top Go down
Manfesto
TG Founder
TG Founder

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:25 pm

braincabinet wrote:
Manfesto wrote:
braincabinet wrote:

i know im right ... im always right exept for those Rare occations where im wrong

There is no right and wrong in this argument! We both have our preferences and I'm trying to explain why I prefer my way. And if you want to be "right" try and interfere with my logic 'couse you've barely posted on my arguments.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:33 pm

I stopped reading when posts became longer then 3 sentences - ironic, because it's me.

Anyway, if I missed something important please inform me.
Back to top Go down
HolyCrapDudeXD
TG Colonel
TG Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:48 pm

Zemog wrote:
I stopped reading when posts became longer then 3 sentences - ironic, because it's me.

Anyway, if I missed something important please inform me.

Nothiing much...
Just these grannys quakeriing away Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Manfesto
TG Founder
TG Founder

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:25 pm

I asked him not to start this argument in this topic because it's about something else but he wouldn't listen so: HE STARTED I'M NOT A GRANNY!

Last edited by Manfesto on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
braincabinet
TG Captain
TG Captain

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:30 pm

okay nanna did you remember your pms pills today ? Very Happy

how do i play .dem files btw manfesto since thats the thing youre asking for the movie :p you wanna make
on Childporn_Shitstorm or whatever map you wanna play ? :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event   

Back to top Go down

Team Fortress 2 Idea/Event
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1