HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Top five games from my youth!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
[TG]Hailstorm
TG Captain
TG Captain

PostSubject: Top five games from my youth!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:11 pm

5. Red Alert

Most of you probably know this game. One of the really revolutionizing strategy games out there. The whole setting appeals so much to me... I had heard everything about the second world war from my grandpa, the fact that you alter the timeline by causing Hitler himself to dissapear spurred my imagination. The game itself was really enjoyable and had a quite good multiplayer to back it up!

4. Civilization 2

The game that introduced me to the strategy genre. It might not look like much now, but the game itself was addicting and really fun to play. In some ways I still prefer this old version to how Civilization 3,4 & 5 has taken the game.

AVAILABLE FROM THIS LINK

3. Uprising

One of the most hard games I've ever played tbh. It might have to do with the fact that I was like ten at the time... Nevertheless this game is probably one of the most entertaining lengthy games I've played. There are so many missions and upgrades you can get that you'd have to play for many hours untill being able to jump to the next batch of planets. This one recieves spot nr 3 because of its replay value and difficulty.

2. James bond: Goldeneye

This and Perfect dark was my preferred multiplayer games. Both is from the same creator and used the same engine so they were alot alike. At the time we used to have four guys playing this for hours and hours. Theres nothing like playing multiplayer and blowing someones face of with an ak or proximity mine in a small hallway. Giving this spot nr 2 because of the amazing multiplayer!

1. Septerra core

Probably THE best game I've ever played when it comes to story. And before you ask, no, Halo does not come close.
This game had a very uniqe story and some really neat ideas when it first came out. It plays very much like the final fantasy games, and had a really revolutionizing RPG structure. The game itself however never became popular, and the original developers shut down. From most player reviews the game recieved critics because of long mazes and tenious combat experience. God knows how many hours I used to complete the maces and shit in this game. All out of all the game is really great because of the said story. Go do yourself a favour and download it!

Honorific sixth place: Battle zone

(Couldn't leave this one out ;P)

Post your own top 5!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[TG] Chief (alex) -Admin-
TG Leader
TG Leader

PostSubject: Re: Top five games from my youth!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:41 pm

Super Mario 64:

Crash Bandicoot

Sim City 2000:

F-Zero X:

Spyro:

HolyCrapDudeXD
TG Colonel
TG Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Top five games from my youth!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:32 pm

8: Sonic R

7: Virtua Cop 2 (unlimited reloads... SHOOT RELOAD SHOOT RELOAD "SOMEBODY HELP ME") :')

6: Commandos - Behind Enemy Lines

5: Sim city 2000

4: Spyro

3: Age of Empires 1

2: Starcraft 1

1: Doom 2

I know it's more than 5, they're all awesome!!! You both used to have great taste btw Very Happy

Last edited by HolyCrapDudeXD on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.smouch.net/lol
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Top five games from my youth!   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:30 am

I actually didn't start playing vidya games 'till 2003, and I don't play much now.

5: Halo 1 - PC
4: WRC - PS2
3: Nightfire 007 (Daamn this was a lot of fun, 4 player split screen memories) - PS2
2: Everything or nothing - this might be my 22nd game or something, but it was fun. Split screen mission nostalgia. A hundred retries.
1: Poker 24/7... not really a vidya game, but a game none the less.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cdn.dipity.com/uploads/events/d219f59aaf68268b76b8b489c11
[TGR]Devvy
TG Captain
TG Captain

PostSubject: Re: Top five games from my youth!   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:21 pm

5) Streets of Sim City - PC (Very funky music and great GTA-style gameplay)
4) Wip3out - PS1 (Awesomely good soundtrack, I mean have you even listened to MKL - Control?)
3) Duke Nukem 3D - PS1 (Does this even need an explanation?!)
2) Ratchet & Clank - PS2 (Very good storyline and great gameplay combined with humor)
1) Soldier of Fortune - PC (Hours of fun right here)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://physicsonlinegames.weebly.com
[TGR] Dexter
TG Captain
TG Captain

PostSubject: Re: Top five games from my youth!   Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:13 pm

Fucking sim city 200, i never got that piece of shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dextah.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top five games from my youth!   

Back to top Go down

Top five games from my youth!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1